You may be looking for a way to make a significant gift to help further our mission. A bequest is a gift made through your will or trust. It is one of the most popular and flexible ways that you can support our cause.Learn More
Estate Planning Guide
Are you ready to plan your will or trust? We would like to send you our free Estate Planning Guide. This guide will provide you with helpful information to provide for your needs, your family's future and favorite causes.Learn More
IRA Rollover Gifts
Congress recently enacted a permanent extension of the IRA Charitable Rollover. As a result, you can make an IRA rollover gift in 2015, 2016 and beyond.Learn More
Hal and I were passionate about Hume's mission. We even volunteered regularly. After Hal passed away, I wanted to make a gift that would honor his memory.- Joanne
San Diego, CA
IRA Charitable Rollover
You may be looking for a way to make a big difference to help further our mission. If you are 70½ or older you may also be interested in a way to lower the income and taxes from your IRA withdrawals. An IRA charitable rollover is a way you can help continue our work and benefit this year.
Benefits of an IRA charitable rollover
- Avoid taxes on transfers of up to $100,000 from your IRA to our organization
- Satisfy your required minimum distribution (RMD) for the year
- Reduce your taxable income, even if you do not itemize deductions
- Make a gift that is not subject to the deduction limits on charitable gifts
- Help further the work and mission of our organization
How an IRA charitable rollover gift works
- Contact your IRA plan administrator to make a gift from your IRA to us.
- Your IRA funds will be directly transferred to our organization to help continue our important work.
- Please note that IRA charitable rollover gifts do not qualify for a charitable deduction.
- Please contact us if you wish for your gift to be used for a specific purpose.
If you have any questions about an IRA charitable rollover gift, please contact us. We would be happy to assist you and answer any questions you might have.